To receive the services listed below and be eligible to send a representative(s) to MSF post-season tournament play, all of the teams in the league must be members. For example, if a league has eight teams, all eight teams must be MSF members to receive the membership services listed below.
How to Administer an MSF League
The registration and administration of an MSF basketball league is very simple. Follow the step by step process below:
- Complete the team membership form and forward with per team membership fee to MSF offices by January 5.
MSF Adult Basketball Team Membership
$16.00 per team on or before January 5
$19.00 per team if postmarked after January 5
- MSF will award your league post season berths no later than January 25. The tournament entry form and fees must be received by MSF offices prior to entry deadline noted on the tournament entry form.
- Forward all teams regular season rosters for teams that are or may be advancing to post-season tournament play. (yellow copy of three part roster provided) to MSF offices by February 5.
- Distribute post season tournament packets (rules, map, etc) and the championship roster (white copy of the three part roster) to the teams advancing from your league with the team number designated circled. Actual tournament schedule will be posted on MSF web site at www.msf1.org no later than seven days preceding the start of the tournament.
- Official Rule Book
- MSF Basketball Guide
- Access to www.msf1.org web site which features results, schedules and program summaries.
Uniform Eligibility and Classification Rules
All MSF member teams are governed by a uniform set of eligibility and classification rules which are designed to promote fair play and equalized competition.
Uniform Playing Rules
All MSF member teams compete under the NCAA official basketball rules as modified by the Minnesota Sports Federation. Member teams are encouraged to contribute to the development of the game by suggesting rule changes to their local sports director.
The MSF conducts state tournaments in five different levels and four divisions of play. Teams are eligible (through their registered league) to compete in qualifying and post-season tournaments.
Settlement of Protests
If your league so desires, the MSF State Rules Interpreter will serve as your league’s rule interpreter.
Members of the MSF staff are available to provide expertise in the development of by-laws, league and tournament schedules and general assistance.
The MSF is continually striving to improve the understanding and quality of officiating. MSF officials are encouraged to attend an annual rule interpretation clinic. Players are also encouraged to attend a rule interpretation clinic.
MSF is a Clearinghouse
The MSF is affiliated with other state and national organizations which promote amateur/recreational sports.
Option to attend the MSF Annual Meeting.
Voice in Your Program
Voting representation on the MSF Board of Directors.
Promotion of Amateur Sports
By joining the MSF, your league is helping improve and promote the game of basketball. The MSF is instrumental in the promotion and development of the sport. The MSF promotes the sport in your community and works for better facilities and league programs.